Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > How do you celebrate your birthday in your country?    

How do you celebrate your birthday in your country?

Ide_Bere
Mexico

How do you celebrate your birthday in your country?

Hi, next week we are starting about birthday customs around the world. I �m trying to make a ws about this, but so far all I have is Latin American custom, teen girls celebrate with a huge party when they �re 15 years old. The dance with their father, relatives and friends. However I would like to know if they have a custom like this in other countries.

Please, would you tell me how you celebrare birthdays in your country??Thumbs Up

Thank you so much.

Bere

1 Mar 2010      

yanogator
United States

In the US, it is the girl �s sixteenth birthday that is a big event, with a Sweet Sixteen party. Not being a girl, and not the father of a girl, I don �t know any details.

In a general bithday celebration, the one common factor is a birthday cake with candles, and usually ice cream. Friends and relatives give birthday presents, especially if there is a party.

Bruce

1 Mar 2010     

douglas
United States

-In Germany, if it �s your birthday you are supposed to buy the drinks. 
-In the USA, the "birthday boy" (or girl) usually gets treated to the drinks (and often dinner).
-In the USA, the 21st birthday is often celebrated with alcohol, because yo are not allowed to buy or consume alcohol until you are 21.

1 Mar 2010     

khaled696
Palestine

in our country we dont celebrate birthday,s parties except remebering  that day
sometimes father bring acake with him and without any guests except the members of family, they gatherd together and talk
we dont celebrate any thing except twice in the year and ofcourse alkohol is not allowed during our whole life
our celebrations as moslims depend on visiting brothers ,sisters,aunts, and so remembering poor ones during these celebrations

1 Mar 2010     

vardaki
Cyprus

Dear neighbor lovely moslimah,
your words broke my heart.

You can �t imagine.
 S
ometimes we forget that some people live so different from us. I think the topic should be:
Are you celebrate your birthday in your country?

1 Mar 2010