Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need help!    

I need help!

marina_correa1986
Argentina

I need help!

hi! how are you!
as Argentinian teachers know this is the bicentenary year and at school I was asked to plan some activities related to it.
I have no idea what we can do.
my pupils are among 11 and 15 years old.
Can you give me any idea?
Thank you very much!

1 Mar 2010      

cacucacu
Argentina

Hi Marina! I don �t know the level of your students but one thing we are planning to do at our school is to talk about the differences in time between 1810 and nowadays. For example the clothes people used to wear, the games or activities they used to play , the tipical food in those times, etc. Of course you can also talk about certain aspects of history like the creation of our flag or you can even concentrate on an important character and do a biography about him. Personally, my students always like and find it extremely useful when they realize how people used to live 100 years ago. You can look for some pictures in the internet and show them. Other nice idea is to concentrate on the fact that we were free from Spain and talk about freedom in general. I hope you like the ideas and find yhem useful Wink.
Love
Naty

2 Mar 2010     

Mabdel
Morocco

I need you help.
 Please help me it was about 2 mnths that i was trying to send my printables but in vail . i don �t know why? please if there is any suggestion i need it thanks in advance 

2 Mar 2010     

Mabdel
Morocco

Dear collegues !I need your help.
 Please help me. it was about 2 mnths that i was trying to send my printables but in vail . i don �t know why? please if there is any suggestion i need it thanks in advance 

2 Mar 2010     

flaviatl
Argentina

I was also asked to do sth about that and it really feels a bit strange to be celebrating part of our history in English, so I decided to tackle it from a different angle.
I have 6th form and I �m planning to work on the concepts of freedom and independence. To reflect on what it means to be free, what or who makes you free, what you need in order to be free and independent, the responsibilities attached, etc. etc. All at a personal level.
I �ll elicit definitions and examples from them, we �ll read poems about freedom and I �ll probably ask them to write their own.
Finally, as all this has to be shown at an open class with the parents, I was thinking about singing some songs that talk about being free. This group happens to be very interested in music. A couple of them play the guitar really well, another plays the bass and there �s a girl who can really sing.... (They were my stds last year, you see)
I was thinking about asking the stds to search for songs that talk about freedom. They �ll have to bring them to class and explain why they are about freedom .
So, we �ll probably have a mini concert singing the songs the stds brought to class.

Well, I hope this helps-

2 Mar 2010     

Etche
Argentina

I was also asked to plan something for the bicentenary, I have first form at school and I �m going to include it in the food and clothes topic. I thought of comparing our costumes with British costumes, Mate and tea for instance. And when teaching clothes, I �ll add the typical gaucho and Paisana clothes in contrast with Peasant clothes or something like that. It is a kind of difficult to include such argentinian typical things in our subject!!!!! Good luck and let �s keep in touch to share ideas!!!!

2 Mar 2010