Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Using material from websites    

Using material from websites

habibb
Tunisia

Using material from websites

Good morning everybody,
According to the new rules of eslprintables website, it �s ok to use a text from a different website ( not an esl one ) on the condition to add one �s own questions & exercises.
I was wondering if I should mention the site from which I took the text.
I �m a new member & that �s why I �m afraid to be reported as stoling  material from other websites!
Thanks in advance.

2 Mar 2010      

joy2bill
Australia

Welcome to our community

It �s a good idea to site the source and then there can be no problems.

Better safe than sorry.

Cheers Joy

2 Mar 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Habibb

In many English speaking countries it is habitual to cite information sources to avoid being accused of plagiarism.  Our children are taught referencing in primary school, our businesses do it in their reports, we teachers do it in our job - everyone does it.  Uinversity students are expelled if they continue to plagiarise after x amount of warnings. 

Although perhaps not the same in other countries it is a good practice to get into so that you not only set a good example to your students by making them aware of copyright and plagiarism but also so that you protect yourself and your work.  Like Joy2Bill says, if you cite your source there shouldn �t be any problems.

Cheers

Jayho

2 Mar 2010