Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > I need a suggestion    

I need a suggestion

natalieroli
Israel

I need a suggestion

Hi everyone!

I have an English Open Day in my school. I have difficulties finding suitable activities. I need my activities to be fun, interesting but of course with learning process. What can you suggest me?
 I need activities from 1st grade till 6th grade.
Thanks for your help

Natalie

2 Mar 2010      

izulia
China

How about using some story books? With the younger ones stories with repetitive patterns work well, e.g. We �re Going on a Bear Hunt, The Very Hungry Caterpilar, The Enormous Turnip, The Little Red Hen, etc. You could do shared reading first, then either get the ss act out the story, write a new version of the story (substituting characters, filling the gaps, new setting) or some craft related to the story. Maybe learn a song that has something to do with the theme of the story? (Send me a pm if you need, I �ve got lots of songs and lyrics.)
The older students (using other books of course) could do reading comprehension, act out a dialog from the story, make up their own true or false questions.
It is always nice to get the people watching you take part in the lesson, but it depends on the circumstances of course.
Hope this helps
Good luck :)

2 Mar 2010     

natalieroli
Israel

Thank you for your help

2 Mar 2010     

lisa jayne
Denmark

Try Hello Mr. Crocodile or skipping games- I have done a worksheet that is easy to use, and it is always a success, especially with young children! :-)

2 Mar 2010