Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help with plants !!!!!!!    

Help with plants !!!!!!!

crisferpi
Spain

Help with plants !!!!!!!

Good morning from Spain.

I need your help one more time.

There �s a six yers old  student in my class who is studying plant at school. Sometimes in Spain Natural Science is studied in English and this student have to study plants, types of trees ... He is a beginner so I don �t know how to teach him  these kind of things because he doesn �t understand me in English Cry.
He has just began to study English in January.
There �s another problem, I have three students in the same class whose level of English is higher so I can �t play, sing ... I have to make activities for everyone.

He has to learn text like this: "Evergreen trees don �t lose their leaves in any season: spring, summer, autumn and winter"

Can you help me?

Thanks Smile

3 Mar 2010      

burcburc
Turkey

you need power point presentations to teach the names of the trees and you can draw a chart on a  big card.You ask the student put the pictures of the trees in a right column according to the seasons.He just needs vocabulary knowledge so you need photos and pictures....

3 Mar 2010     

vardaki
Cyprus

Dear crisferpi,
Have a look here:
http://plants.pppst.com/index.html
You may find something useful.

Greetings from Cyprus

3 Mar 2010     

crisferpi
Spain

I am not allowed to use computers in my classes Unhappy

It is the first time I don �t know how to teach something and I feel very sad. I �ll try the flascards and pictures about trees and flowers.

Thanks for your help Approve

3 Mar 2010     

vardaki
Cyprus

"I am not allowed to use computers in my classes"??????????????
Why?????????????????????
  I can �t imagine  a lesson without PC.

3 Mar 2010     

crisferpi
Spain

Yes, it �s true.

I work in a language school. I have remedial classes, I don �t know how to say this. I help students to pass thiers exams at school so I have six students per class with different levels, It is not the best way to help them but I �m not the school manager so I can �t take decisions. For this reason I am not allowed to use computers.

Thans Smile

3 Mar 2010     

silvia.patti
Italy

If you can �t use pc in class, you could print colorful pictures of trees and flowers, or use a magazine on the topic (gardening)...

3 Mar 2010     

crisferpi
Spain

I haven �t thought about a magazine Big smile

It �s a great idea

THANKS  Hug

3 Mar 2010