Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Postcard exchange    

Postcard exchange

sea camel
Belgium

Postcard exchange

Hello everybody!

This year I teach a vocational class of about 16 students (only one hour every week). They are all 15-16 years old. Today we �ve been making our own postcards. They loved creating their own cards, stamps and text. It really was a lot of fun. I �ll surely use their cards for our Open Class Day.

Well, one thing let to an other and they told me they �d love to send a real postcard to a place far away. I immediately thought of you...

So if you �d like to receive 16 postcards from my class, I �d be really happy to know about it (Just PM!). Of course we �d want an answer back. That �s what really motivates them. ( Meanwhile I teach my English and they learn...:-)!)

Or maybe you feel like sending us a postcard (or more...), we �d be really happy to send you a card (or more...) back!

Hugs

Kristien

3 Mar 2010      

silvia.patti
Italy

I want to send you a postcard, let me know your address.

Silvia

3 Mar 2010     

carinaluc
Argentina

Great idea, count me in!  I look forward to receiving the details!!!
Hugs
Carina

3 Mar 2010     

portugueseteacher
Portugal

Hi!I �m also interested in this project!If you could give me the adress I would be grateful!!
It certainly can inspire students.I �m also teaching ina  vocational school!!The unit A world of many languages is a good starting point for that activity!
How did your students make the postcards, Kristen?Hugs,Susana

3 Mar 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

Hi, I did a similar project just now with my 10-11 yrs old. It was wonderful thanks to  this community which sent me lots of cards from all over the world, simply amazing. I won �t be able to write cards with the entire class (they wrote 2 each already) but I would be more than willing to send you a card from Jerusalem myself for you to show your students, just let me know the address and if you have any wishes as regards to the text, please let me know.
My PM doesn �t work so you �ll have to send me an email (just click on my picture and then on �contact �  under the picture in the next window)

3 Mar 2010