Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Any ideas for a fun warmer using present continuous?    

Any ideas for a fun warmer using present continuous?

refis24
United Kingdom

Any ideas for a fun warmer using present continuous?

Hi

I am looking for a warmer using the present continuous for my lesson next week.  Is needs to be fun and interactive. 

Any ideas?

Thank
Refis24 

3 Mar 2010      

readingaol
Portugal

perhaps a miming game.
What I am doing? I am reading the newspaper, I am watching TV...

3 Mar 2010     

mjpa
Spain

I like readingaol�s idea.
I do that with children to learn action verbs or jobs and they love it. The only problem is that they do not have to use a wide range of vocabulary or speak a lot, but, since it�s just a warmer, I like the idea.

3 Mar 2010     

refis24
United Kingdom

Thanks guys.

I am a CELTA student and my tutor would like me to conduct a game that gets the students moving.  I am stumped? I can not think of anything?!?!?

3 Mar 2010     

aftab57
United Kingdom

http://www.usingenglish.com/files/pdf/present-simple-and-continuous-create-a-town.pdf

3 Mar 2010     

Cristiane Prates
Brazil

MAke some binoculars with sheets of paper. Divide the class into 2 groups. Group  A stares at the other with the binoculars, while the participants of Group B make gestures and mime different activities. Group A students have to say whay the others are doing.

3 Mar 2010     

lshorton99
China

Make little activity cards with things students can mime on them - for example -

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=209829#thetop

or something similar! It �s like an extension of what readingaol suggested but with a nice quantifiable form.

Hi again - hope you �re surviving! Hug

3 Mar 2010     

refis24
United Kingdom

Thanks.

How do you think I should stage this? My tutor wants the syudents moving around?

I could get a student to mime one and name each table a colour. Write the colours and on the board. I will keep a tally of the scores on the board. The tables with the most correct sentences wins! Do you think that �s ok?

Thumbs Up

4 Mar 2010     

refis24
United Kingdom

THANKS TO EVERYONE!!! Your ideas are really helpful!!

4 Mar 2010     

lshorton99
China

The table idea sounds great to me! Another way of keeping score is to use noughts and crosses - draw a grid on the board and if they get it right they can but a nought or a cross on the board!

4 Mar 2010     

Begogzp
Mexico

Hello
   I am new here and I like this website a lot.
Your idea is ok I think but I am going to give you another idea ok? You can prepare some action cards and keep them in a bag divide the class into teams and one by one they have to take a card and mime the action the other students have to guess the action and give a sentence in present continuous the team that has more sentences correctly wins.
  I hope this can help ok?
 Begogzp

4 Mar 2010