Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.





ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board


ESL forum > Ask for help > How do you call...    

How do you call...


How do you call...
Hello dear teachers!
I need your help... How do you call the iron protections that protect windows and doors. Thnx in advance :D


5 Mar 2010      


I think you mean bars .

5 Mar 2010     


Hi criso3glu
Do you mean the ones that look like your picture and are meant to prevent people from breaking into your home?
If so, then downunder (Australia) we call them security grills (security grill doors and windows) .  There are also security screen windows and doors which are slightly different but serve the same purpose.
Some people do call them security bars:  "I have security bars on my window ..."
You can see pictures here .

5 Mar 2010     

United Kingdom

I agree with Jayho

Oh by the way, hope you don t mind me saying but it s "What do you call...." (rather than "how")

Have a lovely Friday

5 Mar 2010