Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > COULD YOU HELP ME PLEASE?    

COULD YOU HELP ME PLEASE?

Closeuponenglish4
Austria

COULD YOU HELP ME PLEASE?

Hi everyone and admins,
I have doubt. I have made some worksheet on videos taken from Gogo �s loves English.
In these worksheets I have used Gogo �s pics and its friend �s pics (taken from google) but the excercises were totally made by myself.
I was wondering is this material allowed for sharing on this website as long as the videos are on youtube?
So tecnically you have on the worksheet the link to the video and the excercises to work on it with children.

Thanks a lot for your help...I am brand new and I don �t want to be banned for a mistake :)

Laurel

5 Mar 2010      

mena22
Portugal

According to the rules of the site we can �t use material taken from ESL reosurces. If the video "Gogo �s loves English" (by Longman) comes with a workbook for students, it means that any worksheet we create on it will be considered unfair use, I think.
Have a nice day.

5 Mar 2010     

dilex
Turkey

I �m not a moderator or something else but some of us mix themselves as authors

We �re not authors or methodolgists we �re esl teachers and most of us are non- native students. I don �t think taking some parts of books is plagirism if you create exercises by yourself
Even writers,artists inspire from other works. !

thanks

5 Mar 2010     

cagreis
Portugal

This is a frequently asked question. I personally don �t think there is a problem as long as you make your own activities and aknowledge the source, of course. We all take pics, texts and teaching ideas from somewhere - just give it a personal touch.

5 Mar 2010     

mena22
Portugal

I am sorry dilex and carlos. This is not about what we think. This is about a rule that victor, the webmaster of this site, made explicit a few weeks ago:

You can use texts from other websites or books in your worksheets if you add your own exercises or activities (For example, reading comprehension questions, etc). Please don �t take texts from other ESL websites or books, it would be unfair.

Have a nice day.

5 Mar 2010     

cagreis
Portugal

And what about course-books??????? Is it okay to use texts from there if we add our own exercises?

5 Mar 2010     

mena22
Portugal

Not anymore, I �m afraid. They are ESL resources. I myself used to take many texts from course books, but not anymore, not since the new rules.

5 Mar 2010     

RabbitWho
Czech Republic

I think it �s a fair rule not to take from other ESL resources, as these have often been selected and adapted for learners already (which is a big job!) and the people deserve credit for that.

5 Mar 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

I agree with Mena; I had two printables with texts taken from ESL books, I had my own activities, I had given credits to the source and even so, I decided to delete them. It �s much easier to avoid problems than solving them. Thumbs Up

Have a nice weekend, all of you
Hugs
linda

5 Mar 2010     

Closeuponenglish4
Austria

Thank you for your help!
Well, I totally understand the rules and I will not upload my worksheet...though I might say that most of the ESL books are expensive such as videos or workbooks etc, so I don �t think you can keep buying books every time a new one comes out!
So my thought was as long as you find videos from YOUTUBE why don �t use them though you haven �t got the coursebbok? Here the reason why making a WS could be of help for those who cannot buy ALL the workbooks of the world...
But...as Olindalima said "much better to avoid problems than solving them"!
So thanks a lot you are all great teachers!!!!

"GREAT TEACHERS CAN CHANGE THE WORLD"

6 Mar 2010