Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > ANTIVIRUS    

ANTIVIRUS

cely
Argentina

ANTIVIRUS

Dear teachers:
I need your hel p again, I �ve been having problem with my computer and I want to run a good antivirus... 
I  have search & destroy, but I don �t know if this is enough. I �m not very good at computersCry
Who can help me? Which antivirus do you use? and where do you find it?

Thanks in advance!!

7 Mar 2010      

mena22
Portugal

Hi! I �ve been using McAfee in the last 2 years and I �m quite happy. No problems so far. Before I used Norton anti-virus but it was quite heavy and the computer became too slow. Patience with computers is not my virtue, I must confess.

7 Mar 2010     

zola1975
Morocco

use: nod 32 it �s both light and efficacious. that �s an expert recommendation.
i am a computer freak you can download a demo at www.nod32.com

7 Mar 2010     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

Hi Cely. I am sure you will get lots of opinions and they all will be different. I use Kaspersky Antivirus. Used Avast before and Nod32. The main thing is to NEVER ever get pirate versions of such programs. Also, I would not recommend downloading demo versions, even from official websites. Surprisingly, but it �s not safe. 

7 Mar 2010     

cely
Argentina

BTW: 

Where can I find them? Are they free?
I ask you because before, I got my computer fixed by my oldest son, but now he �s living in another city.....Cry

7 Mar 2010     

Greek Professor
Greece

HELLO CELY...

FOR ME THE BEST ANTIVIRUS...IS NORTON 360... I think it is the best antivirus...You also get online support...

7 Mar 2010     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

Unfortunately, all antivirus programs I know about are not free. You can order one online or buy in a computer store. You buy a CD and inside is an activation key. Install the antivirus software from the CD onto your computer (they usually give steps on how to do it), then enter the key and your computer will be protected. Once a year you will need to re-enter the key, which means you can buy the key (or code) from the official website or in stores.

7 Mar 2010     

Jayho
Australia

I had Norton for 18 months and then I decided it was too problematic.  So I switched to McAfee which is what Hotmail uses.  I have never looked back.  You can google them to find your country�s site and download direct from the site (for a fee)  or go to a shop and buy the CD version.  The shop can also advise you on alternative programs.

7 Mar 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

I �ve been using Nod32 for many years now and most of my colleagues at school are using the same software. It �s gotten to the point where when someone needs to renew, we can almost buy renewals in bulk (multiple licenses) for a lesser price per person.
Nod32 is not heavy and it �s not bothering for renewal all the time like Norton used to do when I had it.

7 Mar 2010     

faisalconet
Jordan

i have avira antivirus programs it �s very good.
you can downlod from: www.avira.com

7 Mar 2010     

cely
Argentina

www.dazzlejunction.com

Hugs from Argentina!!

Cely

7 Mar 2010     

1    2    Next >