Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Deep pink ?    

Deep pink ?

miss noor
Palestine

Deep pink ?

Hi,

Can you tell me if there is another word to mean deep pink ??

Thanks a lot in advance,
Noor

7 Mar 2010      

Lina Ladybird
Germany

You can also say loud pink or brash pink, but remember that these are quite informal expressions!! ;)

7 Mar 2010     

baiba
Latvia

Deep (about colours) means rich and intense in shade.

7 Mar 2010     

shusu-euphe
Taiwan

What about magenta or carmine.

7 Mar 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

"fuchsia" maybe?
 If you google an image search for �fuchsia color � you get a very pink kind of pink..Smile

7 Mar 2010     

baiba
Latvia

Great, shusu! Magenta seems the right colour!
Thanks for suggesting the word, I did not know it Smile

7 Mar 2010     

zoemorosini
United States

Magenta is a dark, purplish pink.  Fuschia is a medium, intense purplish pink--like the heart face in the center of Miss Noor�s avatar.  It depends on what you �re looking for.  

7 Mar 2010     

joy2bill
Australia

There is also crimson.

7 Mar 2010     

baiba
Latvia

This is how magenta is shown on the web.

7 Mar 2010     

RabbitWho
Czech Republic

Magenta is generally just a term for process pink, the type they use in printing. If you break open your colour printer cartage you �ll see cyan magenta and "yellow" for some reason yellow doesn �t have a special name in that context..
It really has nothing to do with how dark the colour is.

I think the problem we �re  having is that "deep" doesn �t actually refer to anything about a hue. It �s something like dark, it �s not a pastel. As Balba said "rich and intense" all the different names of the colours refer to hue so you�re not going to find a single name.

So a deep pink could be magenta, but it could also be almost red and still be called "deep pink" while magenta could NEVER look like red because the whole point is that it �s process pink with no other colour in it whatsoever.

The primary colours are Cyan Magenta and Yellow.  (Though for some reason they tell children the primary colours are blue red and yellow - This is wrong because red can be divided into magenta and yellow but magenta cannot be divided into anything.

Something can be light magenta.. which wouldn �t be deep pink...

Hope that was clear, it was a bit of a rant.

Edit to add: Don�t worry or think that it�s important to know all these things in English! Its absolutely not! the only reason I know them is that colour theory is part of what I studied in college.

7 Mar 2010     

yanogator
United States

For ink, the primary colors are cyan, magenta and yellow. For light and paint, they are red, blue and yellow. At least, that �s how I understand it.

Bruce

7 Mar 2010