Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > SIMPSONS    

SIMPSONS

WestHampstead
Spain

SIMPSONS

Hello!

I need your help again. This week I �ve got an inspector in one of my classes (1st ESO) and  as we �re finishing a unit on daily routines and we �ve got a test on Friday, I �ve downloaded some powers on daily routines that I think I �m using to revise vocabulary, they are of the Simpsons just for about 10 min. What do you think of the idea? Can the inspector have anything against it? Give me your opinion please!
I would also need some more images on the Simpsons waking up, having lunch...
There are some actions that I don �t have. Do you know where can I get them?
After the power we �re reading a text with questions and finally we �re listening to a song. I �m so nervous!! What �s your opinion?
THANKS A MILLION! YOU �RE ALWAYS HELPFUL!!!

7 Mar 2010      

lshorton99
China

If school inspectors are anything like my DELTA observers were you can use the powerpoints etc as long as you can justify how they meet your lesson aims - same with the reading and the song - will they help learners revise vocabulary (I suppose of daily routines). Also, is there a section in your lesson where the learners will produce the target language - just to prove they have learnt it and are able to use at at least within a restricted practice if not a freer practice - have them speaking or writing something.

I �d suggest using your powerpoint followed by the reading. Have a controlled section where they speak about something do do with the topic -  a survey or something where they have to interview their classmates. Do the song (if it �s relevant) then get them to write about ntheir own daily routine, perhaps using the reading or vocabulary from the song as a guide.

Don �t know about the pictures - will have a look!

Good luck!

7 Mar 2010     

WestHampstead
Spain

THANKS!
You say you would do the reading first and then the power point? I don �t know if I understood right.

7 Mar 2010     

lshorton99
China

Powerpoint as a warmer/revision . then lead it into the reading - without knowing your exact content this is only a suggestion!

7 Mar 2010