Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Do you teach in a bilingual school?    

Do you teach in a bilingual school?

yolprica
Spain

Do you teach in a bilingual school?

Hi everybody,
Next year I �ll be the coordinator to make our school bilingual (Spanish and English) and therefore some subjects will be in English. Those subjects will be maths, science, and social science. I �m very worried about choosing good text books for those subjects, can anybody help me?
Hugs from Spain
Yolanda 

7 Mar 2010      

lshorton99
China

My mum teaches EAL (English as an additional language( in mainstream education in the UK and while she can �t recommend specific books because they are different areas, she did say that the key was using books with lots of illustrations and fewer words where possible - especially as you ease them into the transition.

I would get your usual publishers to send you samples so you can brose through the content.

sorry to not be of more help!

7 Mar 2010     

lamary
Spain

Is it going to be bilingual or a bilingual section?

7 Mar 2010     

aftab57
United Kingdom

I hope these are useful in some way.

7 Mar 2010     

lagringa
Argentina

HELLO, YOLPRICA. I REMEMBER I HAVE USED "CHANGING MINDS" FOR HISTORY, I �M SURE IT IS ONE OF A SERIES AND I THINK IT IS A LONGMAN BOOK. AS FOR GEOGRAPHY, THERE ARE SOME LONGMAN (I THINK) GEOGRAPHY 1,2,3,,4 OR GEOGRAPHY SUCCESS. CHECK THEM, THEY ARE GOOD. I HOPE I HAVE BEEN OF HELP. BYE LAGRINGA.

8 Mar 2010     

Zora
Canada

I know that this is a bit off topic but I have always wondered why doesn �t the system offer, instead of History or Science, something that uses English in a practical way - like Gym?! I think Gym or Art classes would be the easiest way to get students to use English in a natural and "fun" way. Math is hard on a normal basis and putting it in English just seems silly in my opinion.   

8 Mar 2010