Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > The lesson on "Computers"    

The lesson on "Computers"

TriumphTriumph
Russian Federation

The lesson on "Computers"

Hi, everybody)))
I hope, you �ll help me... Soon I �m gonna have an open lesson on the topic "Our lives with Computers and the Internet". But I �m not sure about the structure of the lesson. Has anyone had the same experience? Could you, please, share your ideas? HELP)))))

9 Mar 2010      

beafuentes12
United States

Here are some ideas... You can introduce your topic by asking students to get into groups and write down a list of things they can do on a computer and/or the internet and see who can come up with the most. After they brainstorm, you can introduce new computer/internet vocabulary - depending on the level. For example, you can introduce some phrasal verbs such as log in/on, log out/off, look up, and other phrases like to go on-line, to surf the internet and then make cut outs for students to match each verb with the correct preposition. Ask students to work in pairs and create a story using each of the new lexis learned. In addition, you can show them what different parts of a website mean- like www=world wide web, or .com, .edu, .gov and so on. If you have access to a computer in the classroom or the chance to be in a computer lab- it would be fun for the kinesthetic learners to look up websites that they like and share with others (I always show skype.com so they can show their families and communicate with relatives back home for free). You can also give them a list of topics to look up (i.e., sports, music, movies, news, education, art, etc.), and then write the websites on paper to share with the class. You can also show them a website students can play esl games and/or maybe a website linked to the textbook you might use- if you use one. You can also ask students to write the 3 pro �s and 3 con �s of life with computers and the internet and then ask students to present their point of view to the class.

Hope this helps!

9 Mar 2010     

TriumphTriumph
Russian Federation

Thanks a lot for detailed instructions)))

9 Mar 2010