Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > A movie about International English     

A movie about International English

Dianasuzuki
Brazil

A movie about International English

Hello Dear Teachers!
Does anyone happen to know any movie that tackles English as an international language in the globalized world? I mean English spoken by non-native people.
Thanks a million in advance!
All the best,  Diana :)

10 Mar 2010      

mena22
Portugal

HI! I �m not sure what exactly you �re looking for but my 10th graders watched Spanglish last week. 

Have a good evening,
mena

10 Mar 2010     

lshorton99
China

Oooh - thanks mena! I �d completely forgotten about that film - I must try to get hold of it for my students!

10 Mar 2010     

Fallen Angel
Portugal

Well, I agree with Mena. Spanglish is a great movie related to that topic. In fact, my 10th have already watched it with me. Nevertheless, there �s also another movie, which has been watched by my 12th graders, I mean, The Pink Panther. They loved it!

10 Mar 2010     

dutchboydvh
Singapore

I don �t know if this will be helpful or not, but i have shown my students "Mad About English".  It shows how a "learn English craze" hit Beijing, China, just before the 2008 Olympics.  It �s fun, funny, and quite interesting.  Dar

10 Mar 2010