Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > Contribution     

Contribution

laninha
Brazil

Contribution

Good night!
I was very sad to see that my contribution was removed. It is not copies of any book or activity site. the only thing I did was take the picture on the internet but the activities were all created by me. I remember that I took a picture of your favorite clip art. I repeat only the picture was removed from the internet, the activities were created by me. Can analyze the activity and they will see that it is not a copy.
Hugs
Elaine

10 Mar 2010      

mena22
Portugal

Hi Elaine! I understand you may feel sad, but there is no need for that. I don �t know which worksheet you �re talking about, but if you �ve created the exercises yourself, then the only reason I can see for it being reported is the clip art. As you know, with the new rules we are not allowed to use watermarked clip art. If that is the case, the only thing you have to do is replace the image and upload your worksheet again.

Have a good evening,
mena

10 Mar 2010     

Homeless Turtle
United States

Laninha,

Something very similar happened to me, and it can be difficult not to let it bring you down. But please don �t be sad, if you did nothing wrong then you have nothing to worry about! I hope everything works out for you and we can all enjoy your wonderful worksheet tomorrow!

I have reread the rules and I understand the policy concerning watermarked clipart. I only have one question, in the rules it also states "Please, don �t use pictures taken from other ESL websites or books, even if you add your own exercises." Does "pictures" mean we can �t use clipart that is found on other websites? Trying to pass a set of flashcards (that you downloaded off on another website) off as your own work would be a clear violation of the rules. But does this pertain to the images found on those flashcards as well? The creator of the flashcards would own the rights to the flashcards, but would they also own the rights to the clipart images on the flashcards? Would it be allowed to reuse those images on your own separate worksheet?

10 Mar 2010     

mena22
Portugal

Hi Homeless Turtle!  If the ESL website owns the rights to the cliparts, then we are not allowed to use them. That �s the case of  http://www.mes-english.com , for example. However, if the cliparts used can be easily found on the Net for free or  in a clipart CD, there �s no problem at all.

Have a nice day!
mena

10 Mar 2010     

Homeless Turtle
United States

Mena, thank you for clearing it all up for me. It can all get a bit confusing sometimes. Well, as it turns out my worksheet will be removed (it �s disappointing because I worked pretty hard on it Cry.) I used images off of the previously mentioned website. I would like to apologize for breaking the rules; I hope that everyone understands it was not intentional. I hope that Laninha has better luck with her worksheet than I did with mine. I hope others can benefit from this information. 

10 Mar 2010