Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > copying guilt ;)    

copying guilt ;)

*agnieszka*
Poland

copying guilt ;)

hi everyone! i love this site so much! i have a question to you since i didn �t get an answer from victor... my previous account was cancelled and i want to avoid it in the future. i �ve seen some of your great printables taken from some websites or coursebooks with a resource added. i �m assuming this is not against the rules of this website if you give the title of the book or a link from the website you took your material from, is it? please please answer! :) thanks in advance - agnieszka

10 Mar 2010      

donapeter
Romania

just read the rules and nothing bad can happen to you!!!
Of course we have to state the source of the text we use, if the text is not ours!!! But we can �t use only the text. We have to add exercises- that would be our original work! 

10 Mar 2010     

David Lisgo
Japan

It really depends on which coursebooks and which websites you are talking about.  As the rules state:

"You can use texts from other websites or books in your worksheets if you add your own exercises or activities (For example, reading comprehension questions, etc). Please don �t take texts from other ESL websites or books, it would be unfair."

So if you use an ESL book or website your worksheet will be  reported and we begin again, so be careful.

We look forward to seeing your new worksheets.

10 Mar 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Dear agnieszka,

before the day the new rules were set, users could take texts and pictures from ESL books and websites (EDIT: if we added personal work/tasks), but since February 18th., if I �m not mistaken, we cannot use anything taken from ESL resources. Those uploaded before that time will stay, but they �re not allowed anymore, that �s why you �ll see some wss using those.

If you read the new rules
carefully, you �ll find out how NOT to get you ws reported!!!

; )

Hugs, Bruna.

10 Mar 2010