Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > English lessons over the phone; help!    

English lessons over the phone; help!

rakelica
Spain

English lessons over the phone; help!

Dear colleagues

once more, I ask for your help.

I �ve been asked to give some English lessons over the phone, it �s english business for adults and I �ve never done it before!Confused

I �m a bit anxious about it because it �ll be the first time I don �t see my students � faces and I know it �ll be hard without the visual aid.
I think I �ll buy a method and with that and my own material (and this fantastic website, of course) I �ll be able to survive but I don �t know any and before I start my research I �d like to ask you:
Could you recommend any good books/resources/methods/activities, etc?

Thanks ever so much. Have a great day.

Love. Rakel.

10 Mar 2010      

Jayho
Australia

Hi Rakel

This is for online teaching/tutoring but much of the same applies:

Cheers

Jayho

10 Mar 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

I really admire you for wanting to make such an experience and for being so brave!! I for one cannot imagine to teach anyone under these conditions.
I tried to find some useful links for you but didn�t succeed. To be honest, I �m flabbergasted to hear that it is possible to teach like this!! Shocked

10 Mar 2010     

rakelica
Spain

yeah, I know what you mean topolina.... but it�s possible, apparently...... I�m brave �cos I need the job (if this is being brave....) well, thanks very much for spending a bit of your time on me though! i much appreciate it and thanks to you too Jayho, i haven�t had the time just yet to check the website but i�ll do asap

hugs

10 Mar 2010