Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need your help friends ! :(    

I need your help friends ! :(

sebsey
Turkey

I need your help friends ! :(

Hi my dear colleagues!...

What concern me nowadays is that I have to teach grammar through dialogues and contexts. For example, if this week �s topic is "modals", then I have to get a text full of modal examples or a dialogue which has examples of modals in it. This is what the institution I am working in wants. They dont want me to give out mechanical, fill in the blanks types of questions.

Therefore, I am having great difficulty while finding dialogues or texts which have specific grammar elements in it. I also can do listening activities accordingly. But can �t find listening related with grammar either. :(

So, could you recommend me some web sites which have dialogues or texts about grammar points? Or if you have any, could you send me please? By the way my students � level is intermediate...

Thanks for your help in advance.

11 Mar 2010      

verybouncyperson
Spain

Are you working with a book, or do you have access to coursebooks?  They often contain listening activities which focus on a particular point, be it grammar, vocabulary, functions and so on.

You could check out elllo.org as I know they have a wide variety of listening activities with exercises to accompany them.

Good luck,
T :)

11 Mar 2010     

s.lefevre
Brazil

Check this one out.

11 Mar 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Hi sebsey

If you are working with adults then I have just the thing for you.

Some of the recent CUP grammar books contain CDs so that students can listen to the grammar in context.  I have found them fabulous to provide listening and grammar at the same time.  Although for tests they really do the same thing i.e. teach grammar in context

I recently discovered two of their books which do this:

and

You might be able to borrow these through your local library and try them out.

There are several others in the range .

Cheers

Jayho

11 Mar 2010     

sebsey
Turkey

The problem is that I dont have any coursebook that i am working with to guide me.  I wish they gave me a resource book through which I could go and adapt...However, I am preparing all the teaching materials on my own which really hardens my job :/

I really thank you for your advice. I am checking all the sites that you mentioned...

11 Mar 2010     

RabbitWho
Czech Republic

I see this everywhere now. Some lunatic decided that "communicative" means learning from a written dialogue. Communication means speaking and producing the language. It has nothing to do with reading a conversation in your head or out-loud!

My heart goes out to everyone who has to prepare lessons without a course book.

11 Mar 2010     

khaledxp
Tunisia

Hi

It is really hard to teach without a course book. Anyway , try www.englishtips.org

You can download tons of course books. Why don �t you try Side By Side ? I find it great.

Good luck

11 Mar 2010