Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > CHAT - YES books? Tinta fresca    

CHAT - YES books? Tinta fresca

cely
Argentina

CHAT - YES books? Tinta fresca

Hi Teachers!

To Argentinian teachers:

Is there anybody who is using books from Tinta fresca editorial? As you know I work in a rural school and I �m trying to find a good and  cheap book for students. I �d like to chose two different ones: one for 1�,2� and 3� courses CBC, and other for bachiller, (3�,4�,5�)
I have heard about tinta fresca, and I �d like to have opinions.
Another book I like is What �s up but it much more expensive.
It �s difficult for me to decide, because the school is going to give me the money to buy some books ( not for all sts. 5 or 6, no more) and I want to use it properly.
What do you know about this?
somebody told me that these books aren �t very attractive and a bit poor... Confused
Thanks so much dears for always help me!!!!Wink

11 Mar 2010      

Neda
Argentina

Hi Cely! chat 1 is not attractive to children and what �s up if for 7th grade. I recommend you You and me 1 and 2, Chit chat 1 or Storyline 1  for 3�, 4� and 5� or Stardust 1 and 2 for 1�,2� and 3� it is much suitable for their ages.What do you think collegues?

11 Mar 2010     

cely
Argentina

Hi Neda! It �s been a lon time....
Sorry but I think I didn �t explain very well. Unhappy
I work with the ones that we called 7th, 8th and 9th before and 3th, 4th and 5th bachiller . SEcondary school.

11 Mar 2010     

trelly
Argentina

I don �t know Tinta Fresca material, but I worked with "We can do it" from Richmond. The series is not as expensive as What �s up, and the extra material for teachers is great! (cd rom with plenty of activities). The nice thing about these books is that they are up-to-date material.
Hope this is useful for you!

Trelly

11 Mar 2010     

marianadig
Argentina

Hi, Cely!!! I work in public secondary schools too.  My students also face lots of financial and family problems that �s why I �m always looking for cheap material so that they can afford it; but attractive at the same time so as to catch their interest and attention. 
This year I �m working with "Joyride" Santillana.  I think it �s quite good and attractive; and it only costs $36..not soooo expensive.
Another excellent book is "For Teens" Longman but this one is much more expensive...it costs $67, but it �s much better and complete.  It was especially written for Argentinian Public Secondary Schools.  May be if you run photocopies... I sometimes do that, it �s the only way you can provide them with the material to work with.

Good luck!!!!
Mariana

11 Mar 2010     

Neda
Argentina

oh I see, So, use "For teens". it �s the best!

11 Mar 2010