Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Review Classes    

Review Classes

camilastohrer
Brazil

Review Classes

Hi eveybody!

I started teaching on a new school this year, and the students there seem to be a little distant from ESL world.

I work at a regular school which focuses on the tests they have to take to enter universities here in Brazil.
Those tests are mainly based on texts and grammar exercises.

The students are to choose between English or Spanish. Usually, the students who pick English already study it elsewhere, so I can begin classes at a higher level.

However, now I �m facing mixed classes, with students who already know Enlgish and those who don �t have a clue.

The students themselves have asked me to have back up classes in the afternoon (which was supported by the school)  in order to minimize the distance in level with the ones who study English outside.

Would you recommend specifc material to these classes? Or should I just begin with basic grammar structures?  Do you have any material here on the website which I could download to use?

Can �t wait to see what you think!

Thanks in advance,

Camila

PS: students are 15 - 17 years old.

11 Mar 2010