Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Can you help me, please ?    

Can you help me, please ?

miss noor
Palestine

Can you help me, please ?

Hi,

I am going to teach the word : process as a verb.

Can you help me explain it ?
Can you you give me easy examples about it?

My students are 15 yoears old.

Thanks a lot in advance,
:))

12 Mar 2010      

sclail
Italy

Hi, here �s some examples (ramblings maybe) from the top of my head, hope it helps to inspire you:

Our brains can process lots of information at the same time; information from our eyes, ears, touch, taste and smell. 

Like our brains, computers can process lots of information at the same time, and in different ways, for example moving information from one part of the computer to another, creating a printed document from an onscreen document, performing a spell-check on text, re-sizing images or converting colours.....these are all examples of how computers "process" information.

When a person is thinking, they are processing information.

Maybe it could be taught effectively using also the noun to help reinforce the idea:

The examiner processed the exam papers immediately after the exam.  The process of grading the papers took a long time.

12 Mar 2010