Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > cambridge exams    

cambridge exams

Urpi
Peru

cambridge exams

Hello my friends from all over the world I think the time has come for me to take an International examination. Well to start the exams are quite expensive so if I take the decision to take it in  June I must be sure  I �ll pass with a good grade. (hope so) The CPE or CAE
 what I am not sure
since I�m going to prepare myself what courses on line are reliable.
Or what should I do? Any pieces of advice?
Thanks  a lot for your support.

13 Mar 2010      

roxette
Peru

HI THERE!
WELL, I �M NOT AN EXPERT IN INERNATIONAL EXAMINATIONS BUT I REMEMVER I TOOK MY FIRST INTERNATIONAL EXAM IN DECEMBER 2009 (FCE) AND LIKE YOU I WAS NOT SURE WHETHER TO PASS IT OR NOT (BECAUSE I DIDN �T GET READY FOR THAT AT ALL) AND WHEN GOT MY RESULTS I GOT A C -72 POINTS MADE Cry
TO BE SINCERE, THE EXAM WASN �T THAT DIFFICULT
AND NOW I �M GETTING READY FOR CAE...
ANYWAY, THE QUESTION IS (AND I THINK IT �LL HELP YOU) DO YOU THINK YOUR LEVEL IS GOOF ENOUGH FOR CAE OR CPE? BECAUSE IF IT �S NOT I RECOMMEND YOU TAKE THE FCE TO START AND GET A DIAGNOSTIC OF YOURSELF Smile
GREETINGS FROM TACNA
SUCCESS!!

13 Mar 2010     

lshorton99
China

Hi Claudini

I �ve been teaching the Cambridge suite for years and I recommend you check out
www.flo-joe.com. There are lots of practice activities for FCE, CAE and CPE and that should give you some idea of which exam you want to prepare for. Once you know, you can start focusing on which areas you need to work on. A lot of the Cambridge exams require specific technique, for example, the speaking part and a good coursebook will help you with the rest.

13 Mar 2010     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

I �ve been teaching for these exams and would recommend to go to
http://www.cambridgeesol.org/resources/learner/index.html
http://www.cambridgeesol.org/resources/teacher/index.html
and check out sample papers for each exam. There you will also find handbooks for teachers, download those and you will find sample tests inside. Do the tests and see which ones were easier which ones were more difficult, CAE or CPE. After that you should get a book, self-study one will do fine if you are patient and hard working.
http://www.cambridgeesol.org/resources/books-for-study.php  Here you can find a book by any publisher...I like Objective series and Upstream series...
Be prepared to use lots of extra materials...Practice Tests, extra grammar and vocabulary practice books...and patience, patience and patience...and lots of free time :)

13 Mar 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

Yes, I agree with Kate; the Cambridge site itself is a great resource and the obvious first stop. I like the flo-joe site up to a point - but I �ve always been a wee bit wary of former teachers/examiners setting up commercial concerns designed to �help � those of us who are still at the chalk face. Having said that, however, any suggestion which would help the OP choose the appropriate level is to be recommended.

13 Mar 2010