Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Body Parts Game    

Body Parts Game

yetigumboots
Germany

Body Parts Game

Hi Everyone. Does anyone have a �body parts� game that I can play with a class of very small kids without it getting out of control. (they can�t read or write yet) They do �head and shoulders� already so wanted some kind of game to go with it for a nice lesson. Any ideas????

Luv Yeti.      (With no time as usual)

19 Nov 2008      

sirah
Argentina

Did you try playing Simon says?Simon says...touch your nose,etc

19 Nov 2008     

Irina55
Belgium

Yeti, try this honeycomb challenge game by Mark:  http://www.mes-english.com/worksheets/flashcards/body_boardgame.php

19 Nov 2008     

Zora
Canada

Or you could try the "Hokey Pokey"... that�s fun and if you got the music even better...

19 Nov 2008     

Choli
Argentina

The Twister game is fantastic for this topic!!!
Twister Cover
Hugs

19 Nov 2008     

Snow- white
Macedonia

Or "If you�re happy" and use body parts or �Do what Isay not what I do"

19 Nov 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

I use an old nursery rhyme tune - W-h-e-r-e is my _____ _____ ?  W-h-e-r-e is your _____ _____ ? (Go up a note) Here it is! Here it is! Isn�t this so fun - ny, Isn�t this so fun - ny.  (go down a note) Here�s my _______.  Here�s my _______.

Does this help?  try playing with the tune - im not very good at the whole musical thing - I just use it.

Of course you must point to me and then to you.  The kids sing along with it after a very short time.

I also use this song for Where is Barney - the tune seems to work as long as you double up each line with the same number of syllables. I hide barney under letters of the alphabet or on things, under things etc.

Hope it helps.

19 Nov 2008     

yetigumboots
Germany

Thanks everyone.  You are all great. xxxx

19 Nov 2008     

yetigumboots
Germany

Hi Irina.   Have you played that with lots of kids at the same time? Is it possible? Maybe I can make a bigger one.
I wish there were more hours in the day. Take care. xx

19 Nov 2008