Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > what is the english for..    

what is the english for..

Mouna mch
Algeria

what is the english for..

hi dear friends,

your help is needed again..

there is a game that we all used to play when we were little kids.. I mean little girls.. unless boys do play such games, too!!LOL

any why, it is a game in which we used to imagine ourselves as big girls, having houses, cooking food, preparing coffee...etc.. I �m not sure if I made myself clear enoughConfused.. but can anyone tell me what do we call this game in English!!

thanks in advance..

17 Mar 2010      

eng789
Israel

Make believe. 
Tea party.
dressup
Pretending to be mommy.
Housewives.

17 Mar 2010     

Zora
Canada

Playing house. Smile

17 Mar 2010     

yanogator
United States

Yes, here in North America, it is called "playing house." Boys definitely don �t play it much, unless coerced by an older sister, or if there is NOTHING else in the world for them to do.

Bruce

17 Mar 2010     

Mouna mch
Algeria

thanks a lot for your precious help..Thumbs Up 

17 Mar 2010     

dturner
Canada

I agree with the "play house" from a North American POV.  Perhaps the Brits/NZ and Aussies have another name.  "Let �s play house."   Kate is playing house.  Mommy, I want to play house.  They are playing house using a blanket set over a table.  

18 Mar 2010