Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Business english beginner class    

Business english beginner class

Stepha
Portugal

Business english beginner class

Hello! I need some help, I was told today that on friday I am going to start teaching an adult business english beginner class. I never taugh adults nor business english before and this is an individual class so I am panicking! Can anyone give me some tips for the first class? I have little time to get ready and I cannot ruin this opportunity.

I really appreciate your help! Thanks in advance

17 Mar 2010      

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Let me have a PM with your email address so that I can send you some files!! ;)

17 Mar 2010     

mpr_girl
Romania

Hi,

I really like the "Market Leader" series from Longman: teacher �s book for guidance, course book, and practice file for extra activities. The books were conceived especially for business people and/ for students of business English. You can start with the elementary package and see where it leads you. You also have entry and progress tests available and very important: a placement test. Moreover, there is also "Market Leader Business Grammar and Usage" which is a very good instrument in teaching grammar and use of English while dealing with business terms. I hope you fins this useful. For more information on this topic, contact me.

Sincerely,
mpr_girl

17 Mar 2010     

dawnmain
United Kingdom

Ive got a total beginners business class.  Im using Business Start up from Cambridge, togther with my own materials, many of which are on this site.  Do a search for �beginner �.
Inside out beginner is also very good.   Rememberr to repeat everything, use flashcards and pairwork.
The first classes will be name, nationality, phone number, alphabet and jobs and of course to BE.  good luck

18 Mar 2010