Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Seeking advice    

Seeking advice

carinita
Argentina

Seeking advice

Hello, nice people

I need suggestions for my CV�I put up a post about writing a CV before and comments here were very useful

This time in particular I�d like �to read� your opinions about references

Two years ago, I worked with a teacher for a period of 6 months Although I was an undergraduate then, I fulfilled the functions of  a teacher in her institute.

My question is ...Should I include that experience in my CV when I really don�t know if she would recommend me for future jobs?

It�s a feeling I have...Call it "intuition"...Not getting good vibes from her ( I think I did my best then but... anyway this is a matter of �connection�...or�disconnection� with that teacher)

19 Mar 2010      

mena22
Portugal

I would include if I were you. After all you spent 6 months teaching and that certainly added something to your experience as a teacher. The teacher �s opinion, whether good or bad, won �t appear in your CV.

Hugs,
mena

19 Mar 2010     

dturner
Canada

Do you think a new company/school would approach all of those listed on your CV?  It is unlikely, if you have some more recent work experience(s), these would be contacted first.  It is always good to show all your work to show your diversity, however, if the work experience time is very short, the new perspective school/business might wonder why.

19 Mar 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

Include it because it is experience after all, but don �t mention that person as a reference.

19 Mar 2010     

eng789
Israel

I agree with PhilipR.

Good luck!

19 Mar 2010     

Jayho
Australia

If it was two years ago then it is unlikely that they will contact the school/person as a reference.  Therefore you should be quite safe in acknowledging this valuable six month post in your CV.

It �s a good idea to then include referees that have observed your perfomance recently.  Here, we have to provide our current supervisor and a previous supervisor.  Anyone from more than 18 months ago is considered toooo old and is only considered when there is absolutely no-one else to contact (like for example if one has not been working for a period of time).

Cheers and best of luck.

19 Mar 2010