Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > blank page    

blank page

baiba
Latvia

blank page

Hi everyone

I need your advice on inserting a blank page in a Word doc.
If you have  a page with background and all covered with text boxes, where do you put a pointer to insert a blank (next) page? For me, it always requires a lot of effort and many attempts until I succeed.

20 Mar 2010      

stexstme
France

I �d be glad to know it too! I �m always struggling!WackoLOL Most of the time, I have to open a new Word doc, make sure I have 2 pages, & copy and paste the text boxes...! There must be a quicker & easier way...Ermm

20 Mar 2010     

Joeyb1
South Africa

I usually click on Insert, then click on Break, then page break. (I have to do this twice sometimes) An empty page is then added, however if you chose a background, the inserted page will also have the background/colour.

I don �t know if this is what you mean?
Joey

20 Mar 2010     

baiba
Latvia

Ohhh, it �s Page Break then, not Blank Page! It worked!!! Thank you very much, Joeyb! Thumbs Up

Sylvie, we are saved!

20 Mar 2010     

stexstme
France

Thx so much Joey ! & thank you Baiba for your post!Thumbs Up
Big smileSylvie

20 Mar 2010     

Joeyb1
South Africa

A great pleasure Baiba and Sylvie. 
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Joey x

20 Mar 2010     

ballycastle1
United Kingdom

Sorry, Joey, I �m still at a loss.  When I try this, I can �t insert the curser at the bottom of the first page so of course the new page is inserted before the current one (or wherever the curser happens to be).  What �s the solution?

20 Mar 2010     

Joeyb1
South Africa

Hi ballycastle1

Put the curser at the top of the 2nd page and then click on insert.  The blank page should then appear as the 2nd page, between 1 and 3.
Let me know if you are still struggling.
Joey

20 Mar 2010     

baiba
Latvia

Actually, you are right, ballycastle! CryCryCry
I tried with a different doc (don �t know how I succeeded with the previous one) and I could not put the pointer anywhere! Or I got the page ABOVE the first one.

Joey, the point is that I can�t get the second page!

20 Mar 2010     

Joeyb1
South Africa

I �m sorry, Baiba... I don �t quite understand what you mean.  Sorry I couldn �t be of more help.  Hope you find the answer soon. 
Hugs, Joey

20 Mar 2010     

Sara26
Brazil

Girls, I �ve also struggled with this matter. But I guess my son has just found the solution !!! 
The point is my Word version is in Portuguese, but I try to put it in English. Let me know if you got it.

1. Put the curser at the top of the 2nd page or the page you want to take the border out and then click on "Page Settings".
2. On "Page Settings" click on "Layout"
3. Go down to "View" ("Visualiza��o") and select "From this point .." ("deste ponto em diante")
4. Still in "Layout" window click on "Borders"
5. In "Borders and Shadows" window, click on "Borders of the page", then in "Definition" click on "None"
6. In the same window go to the right, and in "View" (Visualiza��o) select "This section except the first page"
7. Then click in OK.

It worked!!! The borders remain only on the first page !! Big smile
Baiba, I think is the same procedure to take the background out.
Hope it helps.
Hugs,
Sara

20 Mar 2010     

1    2    Next >