Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > blank page 2    

blank page 2

baiba
Latvia

blank page 2

I will start the same thread again since it disappeared from the front page too quickly Approve I believe there is somebody somewhere who knows the answer.

A quote from my previous post:
The thing is I don �t know how to insert the second page if the first page is ALL covered with text boxes. There is NOWHERE where to put a pointer! If I put it in the text box, I cannot insert the next page. If I put it in the Footer, I cannot insert the next page either...
How do you do it?

20 Mar 2010      

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Hi, Baiba. Well, I don �t know if I know the answer to your question, but I always press ENTER a lot of times so the file creates more pages before I add text boxes, otherwise, sometimes, it seems that you simply cannot click to find the pointer. But I don �t know why that is.

If you start by adding lines (and therefore, pages) to the file, you can always click under the textboxes you created.

That �s how I do it.
Hope to have helped (at least a little)
; )

Hugs, Bruna

20 Mar 2010     

libertybelle
United States

Make 2 or more pages before you begin.
Or you might have to move your text boxes and press enter until you get your 2nd page, then insert your boxes again.

It is a bit messy - but it works!
L

20 Mar 2010     

baiba
Latvia

Bruna and Liz,

You speak wise Approve I will use your simple but reliable tips! THANKS!

20 Mar 2010     

Mariethe House
France

Thank you for asking the question baiba! I had the same problem a few weeks ago and had to phone one of my French colleagues here who kindly answered and gave me the tip! I did not wanrt to ask on the forum because I thought everyone would laugh at me !! Embarrassed Iy is so easy once you know but really annoying when you don �t!! I spent quite some time trying to sort this problem out .... like many others!Smile Next time I shall write and ask for help on the forum sooner!! 

20 Mar 2010     

baiba
Latvia

Hi Mariethe

I always kind of coped with it in a clumsy and primitive way but I was hoping there was some very smart and sophisticated method. Apparently there isn �t.
Anyway, as long as we get as many pages as we need, who cares about the method? Big smile

20 Mar 2010     

serene
Greece

Let me join the club! LOL I �ve always thought I was ignorant (not that I don �t still think so). When this happened to me once, I opened a new document, inserted a second page and then I copy-pasted my previous document on it. Now, isn �t that primitive?!

20 Mar 2010     

mjotab
Spain

Another way is to open the document with Open Office Writer, if you have it . It lets you move your pointer along the document. Then you add the page, save it and open it again with Word.(I had the same problem as you, too)

20 Mar 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

I always use the drawing canvas, so I just have to click on its outside margin and press "enter" once.

Then the whole frame moves down to the second page so that I can move (drag & drop) it to the first page again.

After that I just copy and paste the first drawing canvas into the empty second page or I create a new drawing canvas in order to fill the second page with textboxes again.

It �s really easy; simply make sure that you have clicked exactly on the outside margin of the drawing canvas before you press the ENTER button!!

20 Mar 2010     

ballycastle1
United Kingdom

Sorry for delay in thanking you all for your advice. Trojans at work! 

21 Mar 2010