Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > CLONED worksheet    

CLONED worksheet

agostine_
Brazil

CLONED worksheet

Hi people!!

I �d like to share with you my disappointment with some people here... This is such a great website, but I really wish that we could work just with nice people here...
Yesterday I prepared a ws about telling the time and I uploaded here... Today, I was very surprised because I was reported by someone because something. But the great surprise was told by dennismychina (thank you!!) ... There was (THERE IS) a worksheet that is the same as mine, the same layout, the same title, the same pictures, the same exercises... To not say the same, the color of the sheet is different.

What can I do now? I really did the ws!

This is not a matter of points or something like that, but about what is right or wrong...

Hugs,
Agostine

21 Mar 2010      

libertybelle
United States

I don �t understand this.  xyzzyx - makes wonderful worksheets.
How could a person clone a worksheet of yours that is uploaded just yesterday
and viewable today?
The link posted above has been deleted - but under xyzzyx �s pages - I found a yellow worksheet on the time.  (yours is blue) and they are not at all the same.
ARe these the two you are writing about?

21 Mar 2010     

sadeel
Palestine

I really don �t think that these two are the same. the design is deffernt and also the time in each clock, i think that the title is the only similiar thing but teachers need a lot  of worksheets to help their ss practice. even the parents (like me) need every thing you can give us. i �m totally supporting you. i really like your worksheets . so don �t care we all love you..

21 Mar 2010     

mena22
Portugal

I find the template similar to this one: http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=378614#thetop. But only you can tell us if you used the other member �s worksheet as a template or not. Anyway, no need to get upset. If you feel we, moderators, were not fair, please send a message to victor, the owner of the site. He will do as he thinks best.

Hugs,
mena

21 Mar 2010     

lshorton99
China

I don �t think you can say people here aren �t nice because they reported your worksheet. The layout is identical to that of xyzzyx so you must be able to understand why someone reported it. To be honest, it looks copied so there is no way anyone could have known that you had exactly the same idea as someone else independently.

I agree with mena - I suggest you contact Victor - hopefully you will be able to prove that you really came up with the whole worksheet by yourself.

edit: It might help if you acknowledge the source of any templates you use from the site. That would probably clear things up for anyone thinking of reporting a worksheet.

Have a lovely week!

21 Mar 2010     

agostine_
Brazil

I �m calmer now ... Thank you for the answers... I was very nervous receving some private messages about cloning mine...  Now I can agree when Liberty says about uploding and viewing today... Impossible... The clocks are different... And Mena, thank you for sending me this template but I haven �t seen or used it ... 
And Ishorton99 I also appreaciate your words, and I didn�t mean they aren�t nice because of reporting, I think this is a good part of the rules. I meant first because of coping ws and now because of making us creating a bad situation. I still want to work with nice people! Look, the confusion and situation. I guess now, I really need to apologize, specially in xyzzyx�s name for this...  
Just another question: why did the moderators delete my ws and xyzzyx �s ws if (now I can see cleary) they are not the same?
Hope everything turns fine and once again thank you for helping!!!
Hugs,
:)

21 Mar 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

i think the ws are different even though they work with the same content.

21 Mar 2010     

xyzzyx
Turkey

I think it is this an injustice manner. Because it is my own worksheets. I have got much more worksheets like this and I sent it before agostine �s worksheet. She sent it  in 20-03-2010 but I sent some worksheets before tis date. Everybody can see can see them in following link.   PLEASE CLICK ON THEM AND SEE...AND I WANT TO MY WORKSHEETS BACK.....
THE LINKS ARE:
 1-http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=378967#thetop

2-http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=378614#thetop

3-http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=379998#thetop

4-http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=381083#thetop

.....THE MODERATORS MUST CONTROL THEM......

21 Mar 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

xyzzyx you should sent victor a pm cuse you are right, the first ws i older than agostine

21 Mar 2010     

lshorton99
China

xyzzyx - has your worksheet actually been removed? I thought moderators were voting for it to stay! I agree it should never have been reported but I can �t imagine it �ll end up being removed.

21 Mar 2010     

agostine_
Brazil

Xyzzyx, have you read the pm I sent you?
I know you are right, I saw your links and the dates... And I also want you to get the ws back! Your wss are older, but I really didn �t copy anything... :(
Sorry again...

21 Mar 2010     

1    2    Next >