Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I like...I don ´t like...    

I like...I don ´t like...

agatawet
Poland

I like...I don ´t like...

Hello everyone!!!SmileI �m a student of English and I  �m going to conduct the lesson for very young learners  in which I have to present two simple expressions I like ....and I don�t like...(without short answers)I have no idea how to start the lesson to get students � attention.I would be ever so grateful if you could share some ideas and suggestions with me.Maybe some of you know some games which can be useful during this lesson?Thanks a lot for your helpHug

With regards,
Aga

21 Mar 2010      

lshorton99
China

A great young learners game for like and don �t like is to draw an imaginary line down the middle of the room. Make one side �like � and the other �don �t like �. You then call out words - food, animals, whatever lexical set you are working on, and students jump from one side to the other. It �s fun and physical which works really well with children.

You can also make a little chart and the students go around asking each other �Do you like... � They can either write the answers or draw a smiley face and a sad face depending on the level.

For example:

Like                   Don �t like
Pizza
Dogs
etc.

I also teach them a song to the tune of �Do you love me � by the contours.

Basically it goes - �Do you like fish? Yes, I do. (x3) I like fish....and chips! � Repeat for other foods and do the same with the negative - �Do you like fish � No, I don �t. i don �t like... �

Hope that helps!

Lindsey

21 Mar 2010