Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > EDITABLE    

EDITABLE

Fabiola Salinas
Argentina

Lately I �ve been uploading non-editable wss, simply because I found the way to show & keep the fonts I �ve chosen in my work. Otherwise, copies which look far more appealing lost  the touch I wanted to give !! Anyhow, all my wss are B&W and small in size. I guess, I can upload (if the size allows me...) both copies (the editable one + the non-editable one) in case sb feels like editing the wss...
As morvac mentioned before, I really take my time to do away with any blured detail I find!!!! It �s not a matter of sending things as they are...
But vivi... you are right! 

23 Mar 2010     

David Lisgo
Japan

My own worksheets are difficult to edit as they are not made with MSWord. If you want to edit then you have to use MSPaint or copy and paste into publishing software and overlay the changes.

It always saddens me when people complain about non-editable worksheets. I feel it personally, it �s as if my sharing of my work is somehow tainted, as if we who upload such work are somehow lesser members.  Whenever someone complains about not being able to edit my worksheets I tell them how to do so and offer to to the editing myself.  I am using the term "non-editable" but the reality is that most such worksheets are editable if you know how.

There are many valid reasons for making non-editable worksheets "size" and "pics" being the most important.  Another major reason is lack of knowledge concerning various file formats and software programs, for example if clipart is saved jpeg it becomes �heavy � and pixellated, GIF is much better.  For myself, I can quickly create something on Printmaster, but not on MSWord.  My main purpose is to create something for my own students or customers, my kindness is to share it here.

24 Mar 2010     

dturner
Canada

If everyone doesn �t mind, I �d like to add my two cents worth.  I understand what people are saying about size and it is possible to edit anything if you have the knowledge.  Unfortunately, not everyone does have the knowledge and we are going between platforms.  I use a Mac, and others use PC.  Sometimes the formatting simply doesn �t transfer very well.  As well, I teach a very selected group of students so I would like to be able to edit words -- from difficult ones to ones I know my students would probably understand.  And while we are on this topic, I would like the A4 paper users to sometimes think of the minority US letter size users.  I spend much of my time totally rearranging WS because they are too long.  (A4 vs US letter).  When I make a WS in US letter, I try to leave wide margins that will still accommodate A4 paper.  Thanks for reading this commentary, which is certainly not a diatribe on the paper sizes we use, nor the editable abilities of everyone �s worksheets.  dt

24 Mar 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

Oh dear, it �s so complicated.
I don �t suppose we have the right to "encourage" people to create editable worksheets.
But we might encourage them to state whether they are editable or not.
Many, however, will forget to add this information to the comments they make on their worksheets.
A simple click on a button called "editable" or "non-editable" in the course of the uploading process might settle that problem and from now on we would know in advance whether we want to download a worksheet or not .

24 Mar 2010     

Vivi Quir
Argentina

I love that idea of the button!!!

24 Mar 2010     

< Previous   1    2