Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Suggestions welcome!!: Restaurant role-play    

Suggestions welcome!!: Restaurant role-play

dosjulia
Spain

Suggestions welcome!!: Restaurant role-play

Dear colleagues,
I �m preparing some activities for a summer camp which will be taking place in June with students from elementary school to middle school. This year we have thought about the possibility to focus it on role-playing. So, every week the kids/teenagers will be dealing with a role-play situation, e.g. At the airport, Buying clothes, etc. I am the one responsible for the role-play "At the restaurant" and ...here comes my request for help!!: As the week planning must be organized thinking of students of different ages ( from 6 to 15) I need as many ideas as possible about activities, games, etc concerning this topic, that we can put into practice with these different ages. Also suggestions about material we can use is welcome, as the kids will be preparing the setting themselves, i.e. table arrangements: table cloth, cutlery, menus, etc.
If you have any activities that can cover this area, or you know any site or any book that can help me and my group of work, could you gently tell me?? It would be more than welcome as we are running out of ideas here!!!
Hugs to all!
Julia

24 Mar 2010      

yolprica
Spain

You can find great material in this site. There are some worksheets by Mena, for example, which could be of great help and also some menus  and pictionaries with food and object you need to set the table.
Hope it helps
Yolanda

24 Mar 2010     

priorita
Ukraine

Hello, Julia!

I have no doubt that you will make up situations with food ordering and dishes ingredients. You could also serve the table with your kids practising prepositions of place.

24 Mar 2010     

dosjulia
Spain

Thanks to all for your ideas. The point is that I already have lots of flash cards on food and restaurant items, also bingo and other wss that, in fact, I downloaded from some of our colleagues here.
I was more asking for practical ideas, things you can put into practice without making students write or  read much , as the little ones have problems or are very slow doing it in English and they enjoy more oral practice and games...
You know, I was just proposing you a kind of "brainstorming" on this topic, just trying to get some ideas which haven crossed my mind or my group work members �!!
Keep on trying!!! I �ll be more than grateful...I ALREADY am, about the ideas you have sent me so far!
Kisses
Julia

24 Mar 2010