Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What Book II?    

What Book II?

Zora
Canada

What Book II?

Since this topic got hidden so fast, I thought I �d repost it since it �s still going on!!

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=17867

What book?
Now to all of us readers...

Can you remember which book started up your love of reading?

My book was "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe." - My second grade teacher read it to the class. We would put our heads on the table and just rested while she read the book to us.

When she finished that wonderful story, I ran out and got it from the library! I think that I �ve re-read this book at least ten times in my life and I still enjoy it enormously.

Linda

25 Mar 2010      

DedicatedTeacher
United Arab Emirates

Hi Zora,

I love such topics, so many many thanks.

Well for me I didn �t pick up reading tell very late. Reading in English (for pleasure I mean) wasn �t so much reinforced back in school. I remember my high school teacher �s hopless try of getting us to read but nothing went as she hoped. We thought of it as a duty and didn �t have much of interest. The collection she got didn �t include my favourite genere at that time (Horror, suspense and thriller).

By the time in college, I started reading out of duty as well, we needed to improve our English. So I started with graded readers. Because I was kind of a heavy reader, my teacher gave me a novel as a gift. It was Agatha �s And Then There Where None. And that what got me really hooked up with novels. I left the graded reader section and went for novels. And guess what, I started reading for R. L. Stine; Point of Horror series.

I had another turning point of interest when the college librarian suggested the Cerciu De Freak. That was a great experience which got me so excited for a long time (12 unputdownable books - as they say ^_^-).

The third one is with The Blackstone Chronicles (Six books series). Those got me really a big fan of its auther and I almost read for him only. And I buy two to three novels monthly.

^^,

Fatma

25 Mar 2010     

dutchboydvh
Singapore

For me it was when i was 12 years old. 

The book was "Summer of the Monkeys" by Wilson Rawls.  (The same fellow who wrote "Where the Red Fern Grows".)  I had checked out three books over the summer break, and i had gone over a month without picking one them up.  My mom insisted i read a little each day until i had finished them.  She required 30 minutes.  After several days of this, i was reading for an hour or more before going out to play.  To this day I �m a  veracious reader!  Dar 

PS the second book was The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien, and the third was "The Dog that Wouldn �t Be" by Farley Mowatt.  To this day these three are my favorite books and I �ve read each more than a dozen times.

25 Mar 2010     

darryl_cameron
Hong Kong

Harper Lee

"To Kill a Mockinbird"

oooooooooh man .... what a read!

25 Mar 2010     

class centre
Belarus

"The road leads far away" By Alexandra Bronshtein. She is a Russian writer. I still can see the charachters of the book as if they were alive. And I am 54 now!

25 Mar 2010