Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Why I īm thankful (X) is my mother tongue... (cont. )    

Why I īm thankful (X) is my mother tongue... (cont. )

colibrita
United Kingdom

Why I īm thankful (X) is my mother tongue... (cont. )

Yesterday I posted "Why I īm thankful (X) is my mother tongue..."

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=17916&page=1

It īs been really interesting reading all your replies. Thanks for sharing! Perhaps next time Ss complain that English is hard we can say well you can thank your lucky stars it īs not Czech or Russian or Greek! The imperative in English I mean how easy is that!! In Spanish the verb changes depending on whether you īre talking to one person, to a group, politely or impolitely and then when it īs negative you have to use the subjunctive! Boy!

Have a great weekend everyone!

26 Mar 2010      

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

That īs a cool topic and I felt sorry I missed the discussion :)
Some of my colleagues already said about Russian and I do agree with them...I can īt imagine learning Russian from the very beginning...it īs so complicated...All the languages I am studying now...that īs Hebrew and Spanish...I am still a beginner but I am sticking to communicative approach and trying not to get too deep into Grammar for now but I am kinda scared to think that soon I will have to know all of the details...Challenging but that īs what I love about learning languages. WHen my students say... ohhhh English is sooo difficult, I ask them what mark they have in school for Russian and for English...most of them have better marks in English than in their native language...makes them think ;)
Thank you Colibrita for a great topic Thumbs Up

26 Mar 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Oh I missed it too ! And yes, the same happens here , Kate, with Spanish : kids have better marks in English ! Just one thing to add for you and colibrita : here īs a native willing to help you whenever and with whatever you need with Spanish, ok ? Feel free to PM me or ask any questions when it gets more difficult, I īll do my best to help !
PS Thank you for your wonderful ws !!Hug

26 Mar 2010     

lshorton99
China

I missed it too! I īm thankful English is my mother tongue because it has so few rules and more words than any other language! At least Spanish is logical!

26 Mar 2010