Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > help me     

help me

sulin
Peru

help me

how can I teach present perfect ...I have 40 teenagers please help me .

27 Mar 2010      

aftab57
United Kingdom

I hope you there are some useful ideas here for you.

27 Mar 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=230646#thetop

27 Mar 2010     

adital
Israel

Here is a game I like to play whenever I teach the present perfect tense:

I call it: I have never...

You �ll need a package of beans of any kind. You �ll also need a paper cup for each student.

A student starts and says: I have never� and completes the sentence as he wishes

For example: I have never traveled to Africa.

If other students can say they have done it they put a bean in their cup.

The winner is the student who has the biggest amount of beans.

With advanced classes you can also let the student who declares what he hasn �t done ask one of the student who added a bean to his cup a second question about this experience. For example: which country did you visit when you traveled to Africa.

This way they get to practice the difference between using past simple and present perfect.

Hope it helps

Have fun

27 Mar 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I have each student form a line and ask the next student what they have already done today.  When we arrive at about the 7th student,  we ask the student to repeat what the previous students have already done today.  We progress further and ask the same thing once again.  The person who can repeat correctly what the other students have done is the winner.  I do the same with never, ever, and yet.

28 Mar 2010