Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Hi!Help, please!!How do you say bitoque in English?    

Hi!Help, please!!How do you say bitoque in English?

portugueseteacher
Portugal

Hi!Help, please!!How do you say bitoque in English?

Hi, everyone!!!
I �m asking your help for a Portuguese word -bitoque-and as you know it �s a kind of meat we usually eat with chips, fried egg .Can someone help??Thanks in advance!!
Sorry abt the inconvenience!!Smile

29 Mar 2010      

Pachy
Spain

Will it be "beef steak" or simply "steak"?

29 Mar 2010     

Zora
Canada

Well, I Googled the image and it is either a "beef steak" or a "pork steak". I can �t tell which meat it is from the image - although, from it �s colour I �d have to say that it was a "pork steak"... 

29 Mar 2010     

mirelli
Brazil

Hi Portuguese teacher,

I would suggest that you write "bitoque" and specify what is. For example, in Brazil we have feijoada, and there �s no translation, so we write "feijoada" a Brazilian typical dish made with black beans, pork, spices and on the side, rice, tomato salad,...and so on.

I hope I �ve helped.

Hug

Mirelli

29 Mar 2010     

AJFC
Portugal

Hi, PortugueseTeacher!

I agree with Mirelli. I would say (...) bitoque, which is beef with egg, chips and spinach mash (...).

Hope it helps.

29 Mar 2010     

portugueseteacher
Portugal

Thanks a lot for your help!!Smile
Sharing is fantastic!

29 Mar 2010