Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Please, help me    

Please, help me

Esperanza1987
Ukraine

Please, help me

How do you say

Degrees with Distinction or Degrees with Honors? Or it is the same ones?

Thanks a lot in advanceSmile
Regards,
Esperanza

31 Mar 2010      

roadrunnerr
Turkey

In my modest opinion, degrees with distinction differs from degrees with honors in the way that degrees with distinction has a higher rank in usage than degrees with honors.

31 Mar 2010     

emulator
Egypt

magna cum laude: (adj) with high honor; with high academic distinction; "a magna cum laude graduate"
                              (adv) with high honor; "he graduated magna cum laude"

summa cum laude: (adj) with highest honor; with the highest academic distinction; "a summa cum laude graduate"
                               (adv) with highest honor; "he graduated summa cum laude"

and pronounced /magnə kʌm "lɔ:di:/ and /sʌmə kʌm "lɔ:di:/
I just copied, pasted from different dictionaries! Hope it helps

31 Mar 2010     

MarianaC
Argentina

honours is also an extra semester you can study, within the same uni undergraduate degree. It �s like a specialty course, where the grad does some research work on a given area... you can only do it if you �ve finished your degree, but it �s not a masters or a PhD...

1 Apr 2010     

ameliarator
United States

Maybe it �s different in different systems; here people often refer to "graduating with honors"

1 Apr 2010