Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help! Viewing Windows metafiles with Windows 7 OS    

Help! Viewing Windows metafiles with Windows 7 OS

David Lisgo
Japan

Help! Viewing Windows metafiles with Windows 7 OS

My computer broke and I now have a new one with Windows 7 OS.  I am shocked that I cannot view thumbnails of WMFs with Windows 7.  I have a few hundred thousand WMF images which I can �t view without opening each one individually. I �m so disappointed with my new OS.

Does anyone in the world know of some software that will allow me to view thumbnails of WMFs with Windows 7?  If so please share your secret with me.

David

3 Apr 2010      

libertybelle
United States

Wow - that �s a bummer. Have you tried Window �s homepage or what about a forum for Windows 7?

I have no idea!
Hope you can find help.
L

3 Apr 2010     

tastybrain
Taiwan

I have Windows 7. I �m no tech expert, but I presume you �re trying to view the files in Windows Explorer, right? I like seeing thumbnails too. Try clicking on View at the top of the Windows Explorer. Select tiles or one of the icons choices. that should fix your problem. If not, i have no idea!!! Good luck!

3 Apr 2010     

David Lisgo
Japan

"In Windows Vista and Windows 7, when you display a folder in thumbnail view, it doesn �t display thumbnails of WMF and EMF files."

A quote from the web in answer to a similar question.  I did see something on Windows which said it is not possible to view thumbnails with Windows 7 because of some security vunerability.
I will try the forums if no here knows. Thanks at least for the empathy.

3 Apr 2010     

David Lisgo
Japan

http://code.google.com/p/emfplugin/
This doesn �t resolve my problem as I have a 64bit computer, but there may be an update of this software in future.

4 Apr 2010