Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > help word meaning    

help word meaning

mayamin
Tunisia

help word meaning

Can you tell me please what "walk-in cinema" means? I checked the dictionary and the internet but I found nothing!!!!!Wacko

3 Apr 2010      

khaledxp
Tunisia

It sounds similar to drive-in- cinema where people �drive in a wide open-air place and order some fast food and watch a film on huge screen.Of course , they would stay in their cars.

Would you tell us,please, where you found the expression ?

Thank you

3 Apr 2010     

banska bystrica
Slovakia

Hi,

I also didn �t know this expression before I looked it up here
 http://www.allwords.com/word-walk-in.html
and found out that it is "(of a cinema) not a drive-in".....

bey, zuzana

3 Apr 2010     

mayamin
Tunisia

I found it on the 9th form book module5_ lesson 1: means of entertainment
Thank you for your help I managed finally to know its meaning.
walk-in cinema=Walk-Ins generally occur in a neighborhood, warehouse district, park, or other casual setting. The movie is projected outdoors on a wall or some other backdrop. An important part of the Walk-Ins is that there �s *no charge* to attend. Completely free. By the peeps, for the peeps.
Thank you

3 Apr 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

By any chance did you see the movie "the wedding planner" with JLO and Matthew Maconahey, in that movie there is a scne were they are in a walk in movie on a park .

3 Apr 2010