Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Recommendation for ESL play/script book     

Recommendation for ESL play/script book

hieu_ngoc
Canada

Recommendation for ESL play/script book

Hi everyone!

This is a great website for downloading lots of useful and fun ESL materials :-)

I need help. I �m asked to select an ESL "textbook" with various storylines and script dialogue. The age group is 5-15 year olds.

We will be putting on some plays for the parents and general public to watch. Therefore, since these are ESL kids, I need a book that has various storylines with simple dialogues for the kids to act out.

I think I will be quite stressed out already from having to manage the kids, so any book with dialogue, scripts, acting ideas, etc... will be a lifesaver!

Your help and recommendations are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

5 Apr 2010      

maayyaa
Slovenia

Heya,

I know exactly what you mean as I have to do the same every year. I have used the two web-pages below in the past and I have used Little Plays for Little People by Chari R. Greenberg (which you can download from www.englishtips.org as well). I have used funny plays with older kids and they really enjoyed it, but I forgot the title of the book (can find it out when I get back to work tomorrow).

http://www.storiestogrowby.com/
http://www.teachingheart.net/

Hope this helps a bit.

5 Apr 2010     

hieu_ngoc
Canada

Thanks maayyaa! Smile  The suggested websites are excellent. Greenberg �s book is a god-send!

6 Apr 2010