Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Open lesson     

Open lesson

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

Open lesson

Hello dear colleagues,
I �m going to have an open lesson with my teenage students (13-14 years old). I �ve been teaching them for a few months .
There are 10 students in this group and their parents will be invited to come and watch the lesson. I think it �s a great opportunity for teens to show their parents what they can do and for parents to see what we do in class...

I �ve never given an open lesson for teens � parents before and looking for any ideas which will help make the lesson fun for my Ss and their parents...should I choose a theme for the lesson, or maybe just base it on our course book and vary with different activities and games? Looking forward to hearing about your experience if you had such lessons...

Thank you Hug
Kate 

6 Apr 2010      

teresapr
Portugal

Dear Kate, I �d like to help you but I �ve never had such an experience!Just a suggestion:If I were you, I �d choose a topic and activities that you know your sts particularly like and so will be willing to participate. As they are a small group, what about a role play?Of course, having been prepared beforehand!Hugs!

6 Apr 2010     

mascot
Russian Federation

Kate, I �m ready to share my ideas with you, I had two open lessons) We can speak 2morrow)

6 Apr 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Hello Kate ! I �ll do that next month so I still haven �t thought about what to do. My students are 11-year-olds, a group of 20 . So, dear Mascot ! If you can help me, too , with your ideas, it would be wonderful !!  Thanks in advance !  Alicia

6 Apr 2010