Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > dresspaint    

dresspaint

Chilvis
Argentina

dresspaint

Hello! I came across this word in a worksheet but I �ve never heard it before.
Do you know what a dresspaint is? Does this word actually exist?
It appears in an exercise to find clothes words in a snake so it might be a spelling mistake but I �m not sure. I looked it up and I found nothing. One of my students thought it might be some clothes used when you are painting walls...
Can you help me?
Thanks! Wink

7 Apr 2010      

PhilipR
Thailand

My guess: the words you �re looking for are dress and pants (maybe the i snuck in and the s got lost...). One thing �s for sure: dresspaint is not an item of clothing.

7 Apr 2010     

lagringa
Argentina

a picture of dress paint , http://www.zap-store.com/en/girls-dresses-skirts/p135-mini-rodini-dress-paint-blue.htm

7 Apr 2010     

yanogator
United States

Philip is right that dresspaint is not something anyone would know about. It is a special dress by this one designer, as lagringa showed us, but is not a word in general use, so, like Philip, I �m sure the word in the worksheet was a mistake.

Bruce

7 Apr 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Chilvis

I �m in agreement with the others.  It �s definitley a mistake.  A google brings up very little.  I have never ever heard of this term before.

Cheers

Jayho

7 Apr 2010     

Chilvis
Argentina

Thanks to everyone!!

you are very helpful!!!   Thumbs Up

7 Apr 2010