Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > help!    

help!

potentina
Spain

help!

Hi everyone!
I was just wondering if you could give me some ideas...well, I want my students to prepare an oral presentation with a powerpoint in order to improve their oral skills for the unit we are dealing at the moment: life experiences using present perfect.What topic should I use? I want to motivate them!!!

Thanks in advance!

7 Apr 2010      

Mabdel
Morocco

hi dear
  in my opinion you �d better choose football topic "have you ever been to New camp?
Have you ever met Christiano Ronaldo? Have you ever taken a picture with? and it depends on the age of ur students. Hope that u ll find it useful.bye

7 Apr 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

Why dont you give them an open topic based on their  first experience in somenthing... i dont  know your students age but you can make a list and let them choose.  for example your first dance, first kiss, first boyfriend/girl 

7 Apr 2010     

potentina
Spain

they are 14/15 yrs old...You had a gread idea but if I do that they �ll use past simple :-S

7 Apr 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

You could ask your class to choose a company and prepare the necessary steps that are required in opening up the company. 

Such as:.

The architect has already drawn up the plans but the building has not been completed yet.
(find plans of a building and show what has already been done).

We have already hired a Manager. She has already worked for IBM and she has had to  previously deal with many situations when opening up a new company.  (find a picture of an assistant and show some tasks that have already been accomplished by this person)

You could explain how the company has recently launched a new product.

(find a picture of a product and explain what has already  been done to promote the product and what hasn �t been done yet. 

You could also have them do a presentation on a famous person.

Elizabeth Soso  hasn �t been in movies for many years.  We haven �t seen her star in any new movies in a long time.  It has been 20 years since her last movie. 
She hasn �t lived in New York city for many years.  She has recently been assigned to star in a new movie etc. 

They could tell what the star has already done in her life, what she has done recently and what she hasn �t done in many years.

For life experiences you could do much of the same showing what they have already done and what they haven�t done in their lives yet.  They can also speak about people and places they haven�t seen in a long time.

I hope this helps. 

I had my class do a powerpoint presentation on the past tense.  They had to choose a country and speak about what they saw and did.  They also included some general information about the country.  It was a great success because the class also learned a lot about different countries.

7 Apr 2010