Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > help me again    

help me again

summerwinds
Saudi Arabia

help me again

i �m in trouble
can u help me
i �ve 4 questions

1-there is sth wrong with this sentence can u tell me why is it wrong and what is the correct answer: kathy was definitely a faster swimmer than anyone on her team and appeared headed for the state championship.

2-help me with DANGLING MODIFIERS

3-when do we have to use advs to modify adjs
i don �t understand  the use of the adv in this sentence IT WAS AN INTERESTINGLY DESINED MUSEUM .

4- help me with materials to develop my writing, i can �t apply these rules in writing what can i do?

thanku in advanced

8 Apr 2010      

missola
Palestine

Hi summerwinds

As for your questions I will try to do my best to help you.

1. kathy was definitely a faster swimmer than everyone on her team and appeared heading for the state championship.

2. Danglind modifiers are the modifiers who are associated with words other than the words they are supposed to.
for example when you say: Running down the street, a car hit me

Running down the street is a phrase giving more information on (me) but in the above example it seems like the car is the one running down the street and not (me).

The correct answer is:  Running down the street, I was hit by a car.

3. One of the functions of adverbs is to modify adjectives like saying:

I love you so much. (so is an adverb)
I run extremely fast. ( extremely is an adverb modifying the adjective fast)

In this example: IT WAS AN INTERESTINGLY DESINED MUSEUM.

interestingly is used to describe more the word designed. The writer wants to say that the design of the museum is interesting to the viewers.

4. As for materials to help you improve your writing, I suggest that you read a lot and write more because practice is what makes perfect.

I hope that I helped you alot

9 Apr 2010     

GGman
Canada

You can use " �interestingly � designed museum" but honestly, it �s awkward and not natural for speaking English, so maybe this is not something to struggle over so much.
"It was designed in an interesting way" is more natural for speaking.
My advice is, don �t worry too much about this specific sentence.

9 Apr 2010