Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Up to 200 people buried in Brazil musdslide    

Up to 200 people buried in Brazil musdslide

neidefbg
Brazil

Up to 200 people buried in Brazil musdslide

Torrential downpours that began on Monday afternoon set off dozens of landslides. Most of the victims have been the residents of the shanty towns built on the hills around Rio, Brazil �s second biggest city.  

Mud came crashing down into a slum in Niteroi, across the bay from Rio, sweeping away at least 50 homes.

Hundreds of people and rescuers rushed to find buried victims after the fresh mudslide hit Niteroi, one of the worst affected parts of the greater Rio de Janeiro area, late on Wednesday.  

Rio was in chaos after the record rains this week. Trees and power lines were knocked down, enormous craters were carved in streets, wastewater flowed down to the city �s white sand beaches and it was nearly impossible to get anywhere in the city of 6 million people.  

Rescuers are still searching for survivors of previous mudslides.

This is so sad:(

My prayers go out to all.

Neidinha

9 Apr 2010      

mena22
Portugal

Hi dear neidinha! I �ve been following the news on Portuguese TV and this is indeed a tragedy. My heart is with you and all the Brazilian people.

A huge hug,  Hug
mena

9 Apr 2010     

savvinka
Russian Federation

God save you, Neidinha.

9 Apr 2010     

lshorton99
China

Thinking of you and everyone in this tragedy. May their prayers be answered.

9 Apr 2010     

capi761
France

Just a word to say all my prayers go to you and the victims.

9 Apr 2010     

serene
Greece

Hi Neidinha,

Thank you for the accurate description of the situation in Rio. It �s really devastating!

Besides our prayers, let �s hope that the authorities in your country will take all possible measures to help the impoverished people who have been affected by the consequences of the recent floods, and also to protect them from similar disasters in the future. 

A big hug
serene

9 Apr 2010     

olaola
Italy

Hi Neidinha. I have heard the news on tv. I pray with all my heart for the victims and the survivors...
 I hope this won �t happen again
Hugs!
Tiziana

9 Apr 2010     

lovemykids
Uruguay

I CAN �T STOP THINKING OF THIS TRAGEDY AND ITS VULNERABLE VICTIMS.. IT �S TERRIBLY SAD. WE ALL HOPE YOU CAN PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER SOON AND CARRY ON WITH YOUR LIVES. BIG HUG

9 Apr 2010