Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > re. teaching material    

re. teaching material

libertybelle
United States

re. teaching material

Hi everyone
Just wondering..... Like many people, I just love the colorful WS with images and text boxes.
But to use them, means that that the school where we work has a color printer.
Our school just bought one, but it�s really expensive to print WS in color for a whole class.
I was wondering if most of you have a color printer or color copy machine at your school?
Is this normal now for most schools?
Just wondering.

All the best
L

20 Nov 2008      

Tere-arg
Argentina

Hi,

I think it is the same in most schools and institutes.

Anyway you can:

a. print them in black -all printers have that option.
b. modify the background  according to your needs.

Smile

21 Nov 2008     

mena22
Portugal

Hi libertybelle! The school where I work has got Colour Copy machine only for almost 1500 students. However, we cannot take the number of copies we wish because, as you�ve said, it is too expensive. And besides, it isn�t working right now... We can also print 50 colour worksheets per month I think. So the truth is that in Portugal public schools cannot afford paying for worksheets in colour. So we must print at home. Do we all do that on a regular basis? Of course not!! I would say I print about 300 to 400 worksheets in colour, at home, per month . But all my colleagues at school say that I am crazy!!!

Have a nice evening! Smile

21 Nov 2008     

libertybelle
United States

Thanks!

Tere Ag - I know about modifying worksheets - I was more interested in hearing about
what the the working situation is in schools around the world.

We all have the same goal, but different tools and materials!
I find that really interesting!
Thanks for your in-put!

best wishes
L

21 Nov 2008     

marzenka
Poland

Hello! I do not work at school but I think it�s a good idea to print 2 pages per one sheet. I am a tutor and I print a lot of worksheets at home! Sometimes I print them with the worse quality - it�s still colourful but not so pretty...

21 Nov 2008     

lina70
France

The same for me I was wondering ,how you all here use these beautiful and colourful worksheets.Well ,I�m going to make coloured  transparency for overheadprojector.

21 Nov 2008     

sirah
Argentina

Hi girls! let me to tell you that I don�t have a printer at school,and at the institute where I work we have a machine to take photocopies(what�s the name of the machine?photocopier?)What I do is to print my worksheet in colour and print another in black and white to take the copies,so I show my students the coloured copy and give them the b&w .I have to pay for he copies I use to work at school !!! sometimes it�s too expensive.
Unluckly here in Argentina we teachers don�t have material provided by the school(or may I say the government) so everything is provided by the teachers.

21 Nov 2008     

wolfy
Chile

Siarh has a good suggestion, photocopy them. �Maybe your printer in school can also copy.

21 Nov 2008     

wolfy
Chile

My classes are one on one, I usually don�t even print them, just look at them on the PC; so keep all that colour coming. :)

21 Nov 2008     

crisholm
Spain

Well, I see the situation is much the same everywhere.  We used to have colour printers at our school,, but they�ve all gone now, replaced by laser b/w.
Still, what I do is somewhere in-between: for boardgames, card games and other materials that can be handed out and retrieved, I use my own colour printer at home. Yes, we all pay money from our own funds to see motivation in our pupils� eyes. In a way, schools (and states) expect this from us.We love seeing that look in their eyes, don�t we? (we would also love it in our own children�s eyes on holidays, count up the expense and what you would get for it!). It�s not fair at all - in a way, we�re being blackmailed into it!
Anyway - as for worksheets, they get b/w photocopies, and if they are lucky, they may be shown the original coloured one (particularly in those cases in which the pictures don�t show clearly in b/w, MIND YOU!). In the other cases (card games, board games, etc.) they get the coloured (laminated) version which the teacher can keep for other classes or the next year. I wish the situation were different, but we�ll have to manage as it is now, and that�s all we can expect. That�s why I do not download worksheets that are too cluttered or can�t be seen properly in b/w. Then again, I work in a secondary school, where these matters aren�t that important (though I still believe the visual element is crucial!)

21 Nov 2008     

andreaewa
Uruguay

What I do is to print copies of the worksheets which really need the colour, or the pictures. I make 1 copy per 2 students and I keep them in a nylon bag to re use them with other groups. They copy the activities they need and, at the same time, they have great pictures to look at. They love this!! You have to spend some money at the biginning, but once you print them you can keep them and use them again and again.Thumbs Up

Andrea

21 Nov 2008     

1    2    Next >