Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning online exercises > My Martin Luther King ONLINE EXERCISE has pretty much been copied    

My Martin Luther King ONLINE EXERCISE has pretty much been copied

CharlotteLinder
Denmark

My Martin Luther King ONLINE EXERCISE has pretty much been copied

Please compare my OE (orange background) with the other OE (green background):

The text boxes are not quite the same, but why create an OE with the same video and text as one that has already been created?

11 Apr 2010      

vardaki
Cyprus

Rules and instructions of the website
  • Don �t use the forum to advertise your worksheets or other users � worksheets. (You can do it if another member asks for a specific content or topic).

11 Apr 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Dear Charlotte, just report it and if you �re right, the copy will be removed by the moderators! ;)

11 Apr 2010     

Ileana Hernandez
Panama

Thanks anyways!!!! GOD BLESS U

12 Apr 2010     

rmmd
Colombia

Dear Charlotte, I think that the exercise with the green background was uploaded before.

Look at the numbers: 3558 - 3432.

12 Apr 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Charlotte

Although similar they are actually quite different.  Yes, they use the same video, but I use the same video in my class. There are not that many videos around of MLK giving this wonderful speech.

In terms of duplication of activities, that is a frequent occurrence here. That is why we have pages and pages of the same thing -lol.  If you believe it to be a copy of your OE (which I don �t think it is) you can report it as such.

Cheers

Jayho

12 Apr 2010     

lshorton99
China

I checked the numbers thing out and the one you are accusing of being a copy was definitely posted before before yours. The lower number proves that.

You asked why create create an OE with the same video and text as one that has already been created - I think Jayho is right and that activities just get repeated. In this case someone who jumped to conclusions might assume yours is the copy. If you look very carefully at the two exercises you can see that they are different - they just have the same input material.

Had this arrived at the moderators page I �m confident the differences would have been noticed and your exercise wouldn �t have been deleted.

12 Apr 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

There are 3 million printables on body parts on this site and people keep adding more every day, all covering the same arms and legs. I guess it �s just a matter of time before others come up with the same ideas (as you did with the MLK speech).

12 Apr 2010