Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > What does the stork say?    

What does the stork say?

len.len
Poland

What does the stork say?

Hi everybody!

The cat says meow,
the dog say woof,
the frog ...ribet ribet...

I wonder what the STORK says?? Me and my KG children would love to know :)

Please let me know, I can �t find anything in google...

Greetings!

12 Apr 2010      

sulekra
Australia

To be honest I �ve never heard the noise a stork makes, I arrived in the world the usual way;)

But a guess would be that it squawks?? It won �t be a tweet or chirp... I have heard that crane �s "clang" though, and they are kinda similar. Probably a great question for an ornithologist:)

...also a frog croaks:)

12 Apr 2010     

intra
Poland

I �ve found on the net, that "stork�s syrinx � birds� vocal organ � is so retarded in development that it does not produce sounds." (www.storks.poland.pl) Storks only clatter their beaks, which in Polish is recognized as the sound "kle kle" ;) In Etaco dictionary "klekot" = "clack.

Btw, the frog says ribbit, ribbit  << at least I �ve seen such spelling

Hope it helps ;)

12 Apr 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Hi,

I have been trying to find the answer for you, I couldn �t.

You know, there are so many ws here on animal homes, sounds, etc...... maybe there is something there? Couldn �t go through all of them. Good luck!

Kind regards
Regina

12 Apr 2010     

Joeyb1
South Africa

Hi
I just googled it and found the following on this website:   

Storks are usually quiet, but they can make a variety of sounds that range from hissing, honking, and croaking to squealing, mooing, and whistling.

Hope it helps.
x

12 Apr 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Hi len.len

Storks don �t generally make a noise - check here: http://animals.howstuffworks.com/birds/stork-info.htm/printable

Cheers   ----   Jayho

13 Apr 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

The sound storks produce doesn �t come from their vocal cords, but from clacking (the mandibles) of their bills or beaks. I suppose you could say storks �clack �, although I have to admit it �s not a frequently used expression.

13 Apr 2010