Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > CLIL    

CLIL

coyote.chus
Spain

CLIL

Hello everyone,
At my school we have a bilingual section; this is the first year, so we take very little steps. The subjects which we have included this year are Physical Education and Maths. The Maths teacher has lots of problems with vocabulary, and it is something I can hardly help her in , cause I have no idea of most maths expressions in English.
So this question is either for Spanish speaking teachers or for native English speakers who also know a lot of spanish.
I �d like to know how to say "regla de tres" in English
I hope you can help.
Thanks for your answers.
Chus.

13 Apr 2010      

Homeless Turtle
United States

Hello Chus! I was born in Lima, Peru and I moved to the U.S. when I was eight. So in my opinion "regla de tres" translates to "rule of three" in English. Hope this helps!

13 Apr 2010     

lovinglondon
Spain

Yes, I agree with Homeless Turtle. Rule of three.
Good luck with your bilingual section. My school is a bilingual section in French and it works really bad, but this is a question of organization. In my school it is bad organized.
If we can help you and your maths colleague in any other question ...just ask!!
Bye bye!

13 Apr 2010     

maikacaceres
Spain

Tell you colleague to subscribe tes.co.uk. It �s free and you have material in English for all subjects. A lot of material for maths all levels.

13 Apr 2010     

anaram
Spain

Yes, rule of three.

At my school, we also have a CLIL section and I think it would be very useful to have a category for CLIC here.

13 Apr 2010     

thinrichsen
United States

Hi,
I teach a bilingual mathematics course at my school in Spanish and English and am familiar with most math expressions in English and Spanish.  If you would like, you can pass on my email to this teacher: [email protected] .  I would be happy to pass on any resources I have.
Teri

13 Apr 2010